A Complete Guide To Writing A 1000-Word Argumentative Essay On Herbal Medicine
When compositions are written supporting one side of an argument, they are called argumentative essays. Aroma therapy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicines are some of the common forms of herbal treatments used by people all over the world. If you are carrying a discussion on any one of the herbal medicines out of this group, you need to take care of the following points -
- Your topic should be clear in mind: Evaluate both the sides first whether you will be supporting or standing against the herbal medicines. This will be your topic or thesis statement. This step will decide the direction of your essay. Many people do not rely on herbal medicines and write against it while others favor its benefits as are satisfied with its outcomes. Think which part you will stick to.
- Now concentrate on your topic: Many times people opposing herbal medicines have strong points to say. For example when the case is of abortion, homeopathy medicines or aromatherapy do not show fast result and hence coherent arguments cannot be made.
- Write after understanding the mindset of your audience: If you are writing during school or college tenure, your audience will be your teachers and professors and they expect many supporting evidences to give you good grades. Hence a professionally written piece of writing is highly admired, however if you are writing for young crowd, you can follow a relaxed approach employing colloquial language. Few evidences will be enough for you in this case.
- Carry intense research: Collect as much information as possible. This is because this is an informative essay and audience want to watch reliable statistics and figures. Minimum 3 solid examples and supportive evidences should be cited. Collect information via magazines, newspapers, journals and reliable online database (.org, .edu websites).
- Introduce your topic: Start from general and narrow down further coming to the main point. Keep it interesting. If there are controversies, state them. Write compelling reasons why you are supporting a particular side.
- Body: It should minimally comprise of 3 paragraphs. Each paragraph should have its reasons. The evidences should be strong enough and nullify the argument of the opposing party.
- Conclusion: Reiterate the writer’s position and state how you have answered all the questions raised in the introduction. Your conclusion should cover all the chief points in short.
- Proofreading and revision: Your writing will lose its charm, if proofreading and revision is not done. Check the content for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and composition. Have ample of time to revise and work on the areas you find weak.